24 May 2009

The benefit of having great family and friends

It's a little before midday, and I've only recently got up. I feel like I have a bit of jet lag - it's been a while since I stayed up so late :-) We got to bed a little before 4am, then of course I couldn't sleep. My head was buzzing with the event of the day, and I realised how much of that was down to the family and friends that attended our wedding celebration. Of course it was OUR day, and I have to say I rather liked being centre of attention....it doesn't happen very often. But the day would not have gone so brilliantly had you not been there, or shared in our enjoyment.

You're all wonderful, and thank you so much for your kind words, appreciation and gifts. It's a day that we shall never forget.

I think I like most Gareth (from 4 Weddings and a Funeral) observation that Marriage is a way out of an embarrassing pause in conversation. "People spend time together and then they run out of things to say. They get married, then they have something to talk about for the rest of their lives". The definitive ice breaker!

Enjoy Barcelona, travel safely and see you all again soon.

With much love and best wishes....

No comments:

Post a Comment